My local market had patty pan squash for 99 cents a pound so I bought a few. I put them in the refrigerator and then forgot they were there. Oops. Luckily I remembered in time and turned them into this delicious paleo lasagna.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey (or other meat)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt & papper to taste
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 patty pan squashes, sliced
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Add onion, turkey and seasonings to a large skillet. Cook on medium-high heat until the meat is browned.
- In a casserole dish add 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes and spread over the bottom of the dish. Add 1/3 of the meat. Next add a layer of squash slices. Repeat until all the meat, tomatoes, and squash are in the dish.
- Pour the can of tomato sauce over the lasagna and sprinkle the top with Italian seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until squash is tender.